IEMA Pathways to Net Zero
£425.00 excl. VAT
The IEMA Pathways to Net Zero Course is a course which gives clear, consistent guidance on best practice on response to the climate crisis, the course aims to provide supervisors and leaders with a strategic and operational overview of environmental sustainability as it affects their specific industry and work area.
Your course tutor will be a leading practitioner who has completed carbon accounting and carbon reduction consultancy projects for national and international organisations across the private, public and third sectors. The live webinars for this course will run between 10:00 and 12:00 GMT, on each scheduled date. Please check the scheduled course dates in the calendar below or in the Time Commitment section opposite. You will be sent an invitation to the webinar once your booking is confirmed.
During the IEMA Pathways to Net Zero course you will explore;
- Explain what is net zero and related terms
- Explain the urgency of the underlying climate science driving the net zero agenda
- Explain the main international policy context for responding to the climate crisis
- Explain the UK policy context and drivers
- Explain the risks and opportunities of net zero including on future business viability, reputation, supply chain vulnerabilities etc
- Explain the business and environmental benefits of low carbon goods and services
- Explain the requisite corporate governance, resourcing and accountability for delivering net zero
- Explain how to establish a greenhouse gas inventory across all three scopes
- Explain the main principles of greenhouse gas accounting (including using activity data and emission factors)
- Explain what carbon neutral means and its application for organisations, products and services
- Explain how to establish science-based targets (methodologies)
- Explain how to establish a net zero strategy (near- and long-term targets)
- Implement a decarbonisation plan with suitable targets and milestones to deliver on a science-based target and/or net zero objective
- Explain how to reduce greenhouse emissions where these are influenced but not directly controlled (Scope 3)
- Explain how to communicate externally about responses to the climate crisis, net zero and making robust green claims
You should expect to commit around 14 hours to complete this course, which includes the live webinars and examination.
- Course blend = 60% online + 40% live, scheduled webinars
- One webinar per week for three weeks
- Webinar days and times: Each live webinar will run from 10:00 to 12:00 GMT.
- Scheduled date sequences are;
- 23rd & 30th June, 7th July.
- 25th August, 1st & 8th September.
- 6th, 13th & 20th October.
- 24th November, 1st, 8th December.
- 10th, 17th & 24th January.
- 7th, 14th & 21st March.
- 9th, 16th, 23rd May.
- 4th, 11th, 18th July.
- 5th, 12th, 19th September.
- 7th, 14th, 21st November.
Course assessment is by a 20 question online examination.
The IEMA Pathways to Net Zero Course is a course which gives clear, consistent guidance on best practice in response to the climate crisis. The course aims to provide managers and leaders with a strategic and operational overview of the Race to Net Zero as it affects their specific industry, organisation and value chain. A key focus is the attainment of SBTi certification.
IEMA Pathways to Net Zero is aimed at persons who might be:
- responsible for developing a net zero approach (or other carbon reduction strategy) for their organisation
- supporting an existing net zero strategy
- an environmental/sustainability specialist with net zero as a new responsibility
- responsible for communicating or helping to communicate an organisation’s net zero approach
- responsible for decarbonising a particular part of an organisation, e.g., supply chain, business travel, estates etc.
Have a question?
To schedule a telephone call to discuss your requirements for the IEMA Pathways to Net Zero course please click below.
“IEMA Pathways to Net Zero – a brilliant course with extremely well-considered content delivered in an engaging and structured way. Anyone who does this course will be well-equipped to implement their own Net Zero plans within their organisation.”
© Copyright 2022 Act Sustainably